Monday, November 2, 2009

Wow!

In the age of technology at my fingertips, it amazes me that I haven't had time to update my blog since taking my new job. So, before my day begins, you are getting a brief update.

I am INCREDIBLY busy with my position...long and frustrating hours, little to no respect or appreciation for the work I do, and a lurking feeling that my position will be be cut soon for budgetary reasons. Wonderful.

My little one will be heading to kindergarten next fall - far too grown up for her Mama to handle. She is adorable and challenging all at once. So many of the things she does to irritate me are straight from my childhood though, so there is only so much I can blame her for - the rest is genetic!

J is busy with the shop (not that the shop is busy, mind you) and helping to run the Upwards sports ministry with our church. He loves being more involved at church, and I love seeing him find a niche and enjoy the work.

On a personal note, our Sunday School lessons have been very personal lately...challenging my faith to the core. Especially the lessons from Mark. So in Mark 11, Christ was on his way back to the city and was hungry. He passed a fig tree (not in season) with no fruit on it. Christ cursed the tree and it immediately withered. Interesting correlation...there was NO fruit on the tree, not even some that was un-ripened. If we take that concept and apply it to our Christian walk, Christ should see fruit on our tree, even if it isn't ripened. That means, if Christ were to pass me today, He should see the lives I am touching and trying to share the Gospel with. I may not have any ripened fruit to show, but I should have plenty ready for Him to take and ripen...Humbling to say the least. I am afraid that my life has become like that fig tree - nothing but leaves. God didn't call me to have just leaves - He has commanded me to produce fruit. I need to get busy on more important tasks. Tasks with eternal significance.

Otherwise, despite the long break, there really isn't too much that is interesting to share. Perhaps this time I will be able to develop a habit of posting! Much love to Iowa...the only person on earth who might read this!

No comments: