Monday, May 7, 2007

Lazy

You know the feeling you get in the middle of the summer, when you roll over and know that you have nothing to accomplish during the day? The feeling of pure joy, freedom, and contentment and comes from a planned day of laziness? Now, if you have experienced that feeling, you know what comes after that day of pure laziness. The "Are you kidding me?!?!?" feeling of having to do anything. Nothing big, mind you, just anything other than lounge around.

I am in that mind-set. The "Are you kidding me?!?!?!" mind set. I am ready to be done for the summer. I am ready to have a break. I am ready to wake up and have nothing planned for the day.

I actually have nothing big planned for today. No big meetings, no big tasks to get completed, nothing but general work. And yet, despite really enjoying my job, I just don't feel like being here. I didn't want to get up this morning. I didn't want to drop Count Mackenzilla (long story) at daycare this morning, and I don't feel like getting back to work from my lunch break either. I am genuinely un-motivated!!

How many more days until summer?!?!?

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Some of us have the luck of being on materninty leave for the rest of the school year...but, hang in there, this school year too shall pass soon enough!!