Friday, July 6, 2007

TV Free Day

Today was one of our "no TV days." Every-so-often, I decare a no TV day, and we enjoy a day without it. Today was one of those days, and it was wonderful. Mackenzie and I played a lot of the day, went to the grocery, and then planned out dinner. We didn't eat what we planned (Daddy came home and we went for a ride instead), but we did make the effort, and now tomorrow night is pretty much done! :) It was so nice to enjoy the peace and quiet (okay, I have a 2-year-old - the squeals and giggles) of our house without the tv on!!


Today was also confirmation that we are stepping out on faith with me taking a new job. We will both now be driving close to 30 minutes each way for our jobs. It would make sense for us to move closer that direction. There are only a few areas we would want to live, however, and those seem to be VERY expensive. On a whim tonight, we drove around looking at houses that are for sale, just to see what is on the market in our price range. There are a lot of beautiful houses that are several hundred thousand above what we can afford, and a few houses right in our price range that would frighten the people who buy haunted houses. Wonderful. Now my topsy-turvey tummy is getting worse as I try to focus on the scriptures about not being anxious!!

It was still a fun day, all things considered, and Mackenzie and I have big plans for tomorow while daddy is working...birthday shopping!! :) On a budget though - especially after today's house-hunting!!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

So what is the new job?!?!?!?!

I will try to call you soon to get the scoop in a more personal way.

My hubby is very "Comfort"able in his new job so far...hee hee.