Sunday, July 8, 2007

VBS Early Release

Tonight started VBS for our church this year. The theme is Game Day Central and is VERY cool. I am helping "coach" the Yellow Stars (just out of kindergarten) and it is wonderful. We have 32 little hearts ready to have fun and learn about Jesus. What a blessing! I had four people comment about being able to tell I am a teacher by how I work with the kids. It is fun to break into teacher mode now-and-again. I miss that with my current (and future) job.

I left early tonight when I was pulled aside during the puppet show to learn that Jeremy was trying to track me down. Mackenzie was throwing up all over the place and I needed to get home ASAP. This is one reason I am glad we live where we do (and might just get a new car rather than move!) - I was home, after stopping at the grocery for Pedialite, in less than 10 minutes. I didn't even speed, since I passed three police officers on my way!

We aren't sure what is wrong, but Mackenzie hasn't eaten much today (a big red flag that she is sick) and threw up all over Jeremy, herself, and the couch (UGH!) while I was gone, and again while I was cleaning the couch cushions from the first one. She hasn't gotten sick again, but doesn't want any fluids, which concerns me, given the amount that came out. We have convinced her to take two little ice cubes, which is progress. She is sleeping again (on Jeremy!) and her 103.5 fever has come down a bit, so I am hoping she is getting better.

Despite being nervous about such a large group of little ones, I wasn't expecting to get an early release on the first night!! Hopefully I will be able to be there the other nights!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Okay, you are sort of making me scared...TWO posts in one day and three almost in a row in as many days?! Who are you and what have you done with my friend?!?!

Hope the munchkin is doing better.

Beth said...

I know - shocking at how much I am posting these days! I am sure I will get back to the once-in-a-great-while habit again soon!!