Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Skinny Girl in Me Wants Out!!

I have started dieting...again. It seems to be a never ending battle with me - start, give up. Start, give up. But, this week I started, seriously, using the Weight Watchers formula (those magic points). I am not going to meetings, or anything like that, so if I don't make it, I can blame it on not being fully committed, I suppose. I am keeping track of my points with a friend though. We both decided to start Tuesday of this past week (you cannot start a diet on a holiday, right!?!!), and both of us started off great. Then we had a lousy week. And I do mean lousy. You name it, and it happened this week at work. Thursday she emailed me to let me know that she ate an entire sleeve of Thin Mints ("I just opened the package to eat one, and suddenly they were all gone!"). Friday was worse, and she ate the other sleeve in her box. I made it all week, doing great. Even Friday, at the peak of my stress, I stayed within my goal points range. Today, after holding in all my stress-eating for the week, I cracked. Pop tarts for breakfast (the iced S'Mores kind - probably the worse there is!), English Muffin Pepperoni pizzas for a snack, Chick-fil-a for lunch (only a few waffle fries in an meager attempt to counter balance the large cherry coke I sucked down as if it was a drink from God Himself), Arby's for dinner, again with a regular soda instead of the diet I suffered through all week. Oh, and a Carmel Apple Cider drink (large, of course) for a mid-afternoon snack while my daughter was sleeping in the car.

Now, I am miserable and feeling terrible about having made it all week, only to ruin all my efforts in a matter of 12 hours.

Oh well. Tomorrow is my scheduled cheat day (I know, pathetic, but if I know Sundays are going to be bad for my diet, at least I admit it in advance!). I will start again Monday on a clean slate, determined to make it all week. I think I can actually do this, if only my work stress would cooperate!!

No comments: